On today’s A21 on 21 post, I’m sharing how I made a statement by wearing a statement; I encourage YOU to make a statement by wearing a statement!
I’m humbled to share this short, personal, powerful and beautiful story about a precious encounter I had with a woman while living my everyday life. God used the very same fair trade “Blessed Juggle” earrings in the above picture, to start a very tender conversation. The longer I live, the more I believe that being present and willing to have a conversation is where I’ve experienced the most tender of God-moments.This is how I made a statement by wearing a statement & helped an abused women. #humantrafficking Click To Tweet
Seriously friends. Can you even handle it? Who knew my daily errands would have such a sacred conversation and dare I say assignment. Actually, we do know Who. GOD KNEW.
In full disclosure, I almost re-recorded this video because of my getting choked up as I shared. And then I gave myself a stern talking to, “NO, Steph. Don’t hide your real feelings. Real is real. This is honest. Post THIS video.” And so I listened to myself and did.
The jewelry I’m wearing in the video are the Confidence Necklace (which I also have in green) and Grace Earrings (which I also have in silver). I’m SO EXCITED to announce that I now sell these fair trade beauties and more on my website!
I wear and sell fair trade jewelry because:
* it empowers those who are at risk of being or have been trafficked by creating a fair and sustainable income and working conditions!
* it’s a beautiful statement!
* it’s an eye catching statement!
* (because it’s beautiful and eye catching…) it helps facilitate countless amazing awareness conversations like the one I shared about today!
* by buying/wearing, I’m directly fighting human trafficking by helping keep the artisans employed while also spreading awareness.
* by buying fair trade jewelry on my website, you’re directly helping me fund/advance some important Encouraged in Heart initiatives.
Here’s just a sample of some the the beautiful jewelry in my shop! All earrings are $15 and most necklaces are $20:
Please shop my beautiful fair trade jewelry. My team and I picked special pieces to help you make a statement! Buy to wear, give as gifts, and bless many in doing so! Please email me about the sacred assignments God brought you as you wore your statement jewelry at firstname.lastname@example.org !
If you feel uncertain about what to say while wearing your fair trade beauties, here are 5 statements you can make while wearing your statement!
- I love my fair trade jewelry because fair trade products help marginalized people defeat the cycle of poverty.
- My jewelry was made by women in Nepal or India and is fair trade. Fair trade means the women that created the jewelry I’m wearing received a fair working conditions and a wage that exceeds the local minimum wage.
- Buying this fair trade jewelry helps the women artisans create a sustainable income which defeats poverty and the risk of being trafficked. Human trafficking is modern day slavery.
- The women that made my jewelry did so in safe, healthy working conditions in a cooperative. The co-ops are similar to social service agencies in the support they provide to end the cycle of poverty for the members and their families. Health care, paid maternity leave, retirement pensions, and daycare: all part of the membership package. Social workers on staff assist the artisans in addressing their personal needs, from opening a bank account to situations of domestic violence and dealing with HIV/AIDS. There are literacy classes, computer training, and regular workshops on topics like hygiene, nutrition, and parenting.
- In India, child labor is rampant in costume jewelry production. By partnering with fair trade organizations, there is no child labor used in the production of my jewelry. But more than that, fair trade is a preventative measure. Every year thousands of children migrate to the megacities of India to find work and send money back to their families. Providing a stable income to women at the poverty level is a way to combat the problem of child labor at its roots. The change can be seen not only in the life of the woman employed by the co-op, but especially in the next generation, the children the she can afford to educate.
You can make a statement by sharing this post, buying, gifting and wearing this fair trade jewelry! You’ll also be directly helping me and some new initiatives at Encouraged in Heart as you do so! And on every level – THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!
Anyone that shares this post and leaves a comment about sharing this post (in the comment section below) – will be randomly selected to WIN FREE FAIR TRADE JEWELRY. Each and every place you share is another chance to win! For example if you share on Facebook and Twitter – put two separate comments below! The winner will be announced one week from today, on July 28th at both Encouraged in Heart Instagram and Encouraged in Heart – Steph Fink Facebook page!
Make a statement by wearing a statement!